In Episode 20 we meet Bea.
A unique woman who stumbled into entrepreneurship.
Every time I had an obstacle it made me think, ‘Okay, there has got to be an easier way to do this, what am I going to do?’
Bea has always been obsessed with space and learning and has been an entrepreneur all her life, she just didn’t know it yet.
In this show we learn about:
- How mentorship has played a huge role in the creation of her business.
- High school teacher inspiring her to love astronomy.
- College professor setting her up with a mentor.
- When she opened up to the world about her geeky side she was received well and people were genuinely interested in her passion of the planets.
- She launched on Earth day of 2016 and when she launched everyone rallied behind her and her cause and shared her website.
- Learning that everyone and their mother is going to have an opinion about what you’re doing.
- Older generation approach to business Vs younger generation approach.
- Bea shares the story of her brand being shared by an astronaut with 5 million followers and what happened when she got flooded with orders from all over the world during finals week.
- Why it’s so important to have people in your same season of life and what it means to have someone to bounce ideas off of.
- From lemonade stands, to shoveling the snow off of neighbors driveways, to car washes. Even running a kids camp during her 6th through 8th grade years she ran a kids camp with her friend Rachel. They watched a bunch of kids in their neighborhood from 9 Am – 3 PM And saved up their money to buy iPods.
This is Bea in a nutshell!
“Check out these solar system bracelets I made, they are out of this world!”
Until Next week friends!