Our guest this week is Doug Bennett who is the Creator of Magdalene Hope an organization with a mission to fight and end sex trafficking. In 2016 Doug was awarded the Individual Humanitarian award by the Bakersfield Chamber of Commerce.
One day Doug went to church. And the speaker called Doug out of the audience and said, “You are going to be a pastor for Bikers, Prostitutes, and Drug Dealers.”
Doug thought the guy was completely crazy.
Almost 11 years later Doug
is doing just that….
Doug had gone on Union avenue and said, “God, I would really like to reach these women, what do you want me to do?” And God said to Doug, pay them.
He Explains Topics Such As:
- The difference between prostitution and human trafficking.
- The 3 different types of human trafficking.
- Guerrilla trafficking.
- Lover boy trafficking.
- Family trafficking.
- The #1 reason why drug dealers are switching drugs to become traffickers.
- Tips to identifying someone who might be in a trafficking situation.
- Situations to be watchful for so you aren’t trafficked.
- Doug shares the nerve racking story of how they rescued a woman in Oildale 2 years ago.
The list for upcoming events with Magdalene Hope can be found below.
If you want to partner with anything that Magdalene Hope is doing visit their website or follow them on Instagram or Facebook.
If something is suspicious call or text the human trafficking hotline. if you text the words be free and send help or info they will text you back.
Thanks for listening to the podcast friends!